24 Jul COMMUNITY NOTICE-EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY-HOUSING-MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT-FULL TIME
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation’s Housing Department and through CMHC Housing Internship Initiative for First Nation and Inuit Youth is seeking a highly motivated Youth to fill the full-time term position of Maintenance Assistant. The successful youth will be responsible for learning to carrying out general repairs and maintenance to all band houses and buildings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must be between the ages of 15-30 and reside in Brokenhead Ojibway Nation.
- Must be unemployed and not attending school.
- Must be of First Nations or Inuit decent.
- Willing to obtain a good working knowledge of performing general repairs and maintenance to houses and buildings.
- Willing to obtain the ability to perform miscellaneous duties, such as light carpentry, painting, minor electrical and minor plumbing.
- Must be flexible and willing to work various hours.
- Possess strong communication skills to maintain positive relationships with the public as well as contractors.
- Must be able to follow direction.
- Must hold a valid Manitoba driver license
- Must be willing to submit to random drug testing
Brokenhead Ojibway Nations offers a competitive compensation package. Preference will be given to qualified First Nation persons. We thank all who apply and advise only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: August 7, 2018
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Susan Fredborg Fax to:
Human Resources Manager (204) 766-2021
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Box 180 Email:
Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is committed to equity in employment. Date posted: July 24, 2018