10 Oct COMMUNITY NOTICE-EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY-RESPITE WORKER
Part Time Flexible Hours
Jordan Principle/Child First Initiative is a newly funded Program to help provide support and respond to children with complex needs and their families. These services, including assessment, treatment and respite, should significantly contribute to the well-being of children and their families by ensuring that all children achieve their full potential.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Respite position will be an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual willing to take initiative and join a multi-disciplinary team in meeting the developmental needs of children and their families. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing scheduled and emergency respite/support to families.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Child development background with minimum three years experience preferred
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle
- Ability to plan and implement recreational and social activities/outings for children
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings and some nights
- Must be able to work professionally and maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work as a team member and take initiative
- Willing to submit to random drug and alcohol testing
- Proven record of punctuality and reliability
Brokenhead Ojibway Nations offers a competitive compensation package. Preference will be given to qualified First Nation persons. We thank all who apply and advise only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: October 20, 2017
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Susan Fredborg Fax to:
Human Resources Manager (204) 766-2021
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Box 180 Email:
Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0 email@example.com
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is committed to equity in employment. Date posted: October 6, 2017
The successful candidate must undergo and provide a Child Abuse Registry and Criminal Check prior to starting