11 Apr COMMUNITY NOTICE-EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY-STPS-SCHOOL FINANCE SECRETARY
School Finance Secretary-Sergeant Tommy Prince School
The School Finance Secretary will work under the supervisory function of the School Education Director and/or Principal and will work closely with the Finance and Human Resources department at the MFNERC.
To provide effective financial administrative and human resourse support to assist the school in obtaining its goal and objectives.
Assist the Education Director and/or Principal in the preparation and monitoring of the school’s budgetary provision to ensure proper accounting of all school finances and assets.
- Liaise with MFNERC finance and human resources departments and school staff;
- Assist with the management of school fund and associated bank accounts ensuring audit carried out at year end and prepares reports eg. Petty Cash;
- Processes purchase orders, cheque and travel requisitions and any other financial transactions as required;
- Assist with the preparation of school supply orders including e-mailing of purchase orders to the MFNERC Finance office, receiving,stamping when necessary;
- Checking and disbursing goods and school supplies when received in the school and maintain records and inventory of goods and school supplies assigned to the school;
- Advice on budget adjustments and budget preparation, having an input into financial statements and expenditures,reporting budget constraints to Education Director and/or Principal.
- Assist the School Secretary in ensuring that inquiries from staff,students,parents and visitors are dealt with promptly;
- Assist with all students records and documents to ensure they are properly maintained, filed and manually/electronically transferred when students leaves(Maplewood);
- Keeps office organized and paperwork and data filed appropriately;
- Collaborate regularly with local advisory committee or school board when required;
- Recording any meeting minutes when required;
- Word processing of confidential letters, reports and documents including policies,school plans,ect. as required;
- Assist with the sercurity procedures to ensure they are adhered to including monitoring CCTV screen and ensure all school visitors are recorded. Inform the principal immediately of any situation that might affect safety or security;
- Assist with onboarding of new employees to the school;
- Maintains accurate personnel records, including employee demographic information;
- Ensures leave forms and sign in sheets are collected and maintained as required;
- Monitor payroll information, checking for accuracy and ensuring compliance with policy. Maintains the employee time and attendance database;
- Submits accurate employee time sheets based on leave forms and sign in sheets to payroll on a bi-weekly basis;
- When required, complete a payroll deduction form for employees with Principal signatures and submit to payroll and Human resources;
- Ensures requests for leave are submitted, reconciles leave forms with payroll reports and submits adjustments;
- Assist with recruitment activities for any vacant school positions as required;
- Attends any relevant training for this school Finance Secretary position as determined;
- Perform other duties assigned
- A minimum High School Diploma and Business Education or equivalent with two years administrative experience;
- Excellent oral,written and grammatical skills;
- Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive material and information;
- Proven record of effective lines of communication;
- Experience working with First Nations in the field of education would be preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to works in a First Nations enviroment;
- Fluency in a First Nations language is considered an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in technical and plain language writing;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals;
- Ability to relate to and communicate well with others;
- Ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive matters;
- Ability to set priorities and organize workload effectively and efficiently;
- Appreciate and respect for First Nations education reform strategies.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume stating the position applying for, along with(3)
professional reference listings(including a most recent employer reference) by 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, April 18,2018 to:
Human Resources Manitoba First Nations Education Resource Center Inc.
2-1100 Waverley Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T3X9
Email: email@example.com Fax:204.942.2490
Applications may also be received at the Sergeant Tommy Prince School attention to Kevin Kipling, Education Director.
Successful candidates must provide satisfactory criminal and child abuse registry checks. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit our website at www.mfnerc.com