19 Nov COMMUNITY NOTICE-JOB OPPORTUNITY- CERTIFIED HEALTH CARE AIDE
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation Health Centre is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the part time term position of Certified Health Care Aide. Under the administration direction of the Home and Community Care Nurse Coordinator the Certified Home Care Aid will meet clients specific personal needs, including personal hygiene, dressing, feeding, ambulation, elimination of bodily wastes, medications, activities of daily living, and other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Grade X education or its equivalent in education and/or experience
- Health Care Aide Certificate, in good standing and completion of prescribed training period
- Previous work experience in a First Nations setting
- Self-directed self-starter and a team player
- Demonstrated ability to work well with the public and with clients in need of care
- Must have a current CPR/First Aid Certificate
- Valid driver license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Ability to work weekends
- Have strong communicational skills both verbal and writing, interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity.
- Must be able to balance personable and professionalism and maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Willing to submit to random drug testing
- Must provide an Adult Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Please include 2 employer references with resume
Brokenhead Ojibway Nations offers a competitive compensation package. Preference will be given to qualified First Nation persons. We thank all who apply and advise only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: December 2, 2019
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Susan Fredborg Fax to:
Human Resources Manager (204) 766-2021
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Box 180 Email:
Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is committed to equity in employment. Date posted: November 18, 2019