08 Feb COMMUNITY NOTICE-JOB OPPORTUNITY- CHILD DEVELOPMENT WORKER/ REHABILITATION ASSISTANT
Jordan Principle/Child First Initiative is a Program designed and developed to provide all First Nation’s youth and their families with services that support the optimum development of all children, regardless of need. Jordan’s Principle provides an opportunity for every child to receive the resources and supports they need to help them thrive and flourish in their home and community. This is accomplished by coordinating local resources, accessing provincial resources and creating and developing new and unique resources to meet the individual needs of each child.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Child Development Worker/Rehabilitation Assistant, under the supervision of the Case Manager, will develop and support case plans for children and youth to ensure that all aspects of development are enhanced. This will include coordinating the Specialized therapists (Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech and Mental Health) on their visits to the community and then performing therapy techniques as per training. This position also coordinates all services to families, refers to and advocates for services not directly provided and plans and develops resources within the community, working closely with other services to youth, including Maternal Child Health Program and Head Start and Day Care.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Child development background with minimum three years experience preferred
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle
- Must be caring and patient and enjoy direct interaction with children
- Must be willing to participate in the training that will be provided on guiding children and performing therapy techniques
- Must be able to work some weekends and evenings
- Must be able to work professionally and maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work on a multidisciplinary team and to assist in all areas of services delivery as required
- Willing to submit to random drug and alcohol testing
- Proven record of punctuality and reliability
Brokenhead Ojibway Nations offers a competitive compensation package. Preference will be given to qualified First Nation persons. We thank all who apply and advise only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: February 25, 2019
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Susan Fredborg Fax to:
Human Resources Manager (204) 766-2021
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Box 180 Email:
Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0 email@example.com
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is committed to equity in employment. Date posted: February 11, 2019
The successful candidate must undergo and provide a Child Abuse Registry and Criminal Check