12 Feb COMMUNITY NOTICE-JOB OPPORTUNITY- GOVERNANCE ASSISTANT
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the full-time term position of Governance Assistant to Chief & Council. The incumbent will be responsible for providing administrative support to Chief & Council as well as the Director of Operations. Areas of support will include but not limited to calendar management, scheduling, correspondence, taking minutes of meetings, filing, telephones, travel arrangements, helping out at special events and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Grade 12/GED/Relevant Experience
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to book flights, rooms, venues and coordinate meetings.
- Must be able to work flexible hours on evenings and weekends when required
- Courteous and strong written, verbal and networking communication skills
- Ability to work well as a team member
- Strong administrative skills including typing, minute taking, speaking notes, filing etc.
- Strong Web background and ability to monitor and update BON websites
- High degree of confidentiality mandatory
- Willing to participate in random drug testing
- Other duties as required.
Brokenhead Ojibway Nations offers a competitive compensation package. Preference will be given to qualified First Nation persons. We thank all who apply and advise only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: February 25, 2019
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Susan Fredborg Fax to: (204) 766-2021
Human Resources Manager Email: email@example.com
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0