03 Apr COMMUNITY NOTICE-JOB OPPORTUNITY- GROWING FUTURES WORKER
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation Health Centre is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the full time term position of Growing Futures Worker. The incumbent will be responsible to fulfill the duties under the Climate Change and Health Adaptation Program (CCHAP) to provide BON members with an opportunity to design, develop, and participate in projects that work toward the funding goals by rebuilding the capacity of past practices to create sustainable food sources which will foster a holistic lifestyle for residents of the community.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Grade XII education, or its equivalent and/or experience
- Knowledge of the programs available in Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
- Ability and skill to maintain proper administrative records of daily activities and provide monthly and annual progress reports.
- Demonstrated skill of traditional food practices, gardening and/or farming an asset
- Ability to create and facilitate Community Workshops and Presentations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must have a Class 5 Driver License and reliable vehicle
- Proven ability to work with and gain the trust of Members of the Community
- Must be willing to submit to random drug testing
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Check
- Please provide 2 references with resume
Brokenhead Ojibway Nations offers a competitive compensation package. Preference will be given to qualified First Nation persons. We thank all who apply and advise only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application Deadline: April 17, 2019
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Susan Fredborg Fax to:
Human Resources Manager (204) 766-2021
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Box 180 Email:
Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0 email@example.com
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is committed to equity in employment. Date posted: March 22, 2019