06 Nov COMMUNITY NOTICE- JOB OPPORTUNITY- JOB COACH
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Job Coach. The incumbent under the direct supervision of the Brokenhead Employment & Training/Economic Development (BETED) Manager will be responsible for the implementation of employment strategies that would support BON residents seeking to improve on their employability skills which assists them in obtaining and maintaining employment. The Job Coach provides strength based and client focused services by means of one-on-one and group facilitation support, the development of action plans and/or case management activities. The Job Coach also assists with the distribution of regional and community correspondence relating to employment opportunities and assist with the completion of special projects, surveys, meetings, statistical information coaching, networking, awareness activities and promotion, assessment, referrals and assistance in the development of goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of the aboriginal culture is an asset
- Patience, understanding and the ability to listen without judgment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Ability to learn and train to further develop skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Relates positively with a wide range of people and the general public
- Mature healthy lifestyle
- Effective facilitation skills, be a team player and possess strong leadership skills
- License and reliable vehicle
- Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Grade 12 education or willing to obtain
- Willing to submit to random drug testing
- Please include 2 references with resume.
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation offers a competitive compensation package. Preference will be given to a qualified First Nation candidate. We thank all who apply and advise only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: November 19, 2018
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Susan Fredborg Fax to: (204)766-2021
Human Resources Manager Email: email@example.com
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0