13 May COMMUNITY NOTICE-JOB OPPORTUNITY- MCH HOME VISITOR
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation Health Centre is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the full-time position of the Maternal Child Health Home Visitor. Under general supervision of the MCH Nurse Coordinator, the MCH Home Visitor works closely with the MCH and Child and Youth Team to deliver a comprehensive, strength based Maternal Child Health Home Visiting Service to support families, including mothers, fathers, caregivers, infants and young children (0-6) to reach their fullest life time potential.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must possess a grade 12 education or its equivalent.
- Have strong communicational skills both verbal and writing, interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to function as a liaison or advocate with resources available to support families.
- Knowledge and ability to provide multiple reports.
- Must be able to work professionally and maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Willing to work outside normal business hours
- Will to attend training sessions away from Brokenhead
- Must provide a criminal and child abuse registry check
- Class 5 drivers license and reliable vehicle
Brokenhead Ojibway Nations offers a competitive compensation package. Preference will be given to qualified First Nation persons. We thank all who apply and advise only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: May 15, 2019
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Susan Fredborg Fax to:
Human Resources Manager (204) 766-2021
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Box 180 Email:
Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is committed to equity in employment. Date posted: May 1, 2019