10 Oct COMMUNITY NOTICE- JOB OPPORTUNITY- MENTAL WELLNESS COORDINATOR
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation Health Centre is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the full time term position of Mental Wellness Coordinator. Under direct supervision of the Health Director, the Mental Wellness Coordinator supervises a Mental Wellness Team and works in collaboration with multiple community-based and external resources to identify and implement a strategic plan that aligns with the Organization’s Illegal Drug Strategy. The Coordinator will look at ways to improve access and coordination of services for individuals with substance use/addiction and mental health problems and illnesses as well as coordinating services for individuals with complex needs. The strategy must support spectrum of approaches, including prevention and harm reduction, pre-intervention and after care with inter-sectoral partnerships, human resources and knowledge exchange.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Masters Degree in relevant social work, with:
- Minimum of 5 years progressive leadership experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working within complex systems
- Experience in strategic planning and researching existing program models is an asset;
- Combinations of education and experience may be considered;
- Demonstrated capacity to foster alignment within leadership teams both vertically and horizontally to achieve organizational goals;
- Demonstrated knowledge of family and social challenges facing Indigenous children, youth and families, including intergenerational impacts;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Indigenous cultures and a broad-based knowledge of Indigenous healing modalities, practices and ceremonies;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of therapeutic needs of individuals accessing pre-intervention and rehabilitation;
- Ability to be an effective team player, and operate from a systemic framework;
- Excellent organizational, leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Microsoft Office at an intermediate level;
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle;
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, a clear Child Abuse Registry check with acceptable Prior Contact checks and a clear Adult Abuse Registry check, all done within the last 3 months;
- A demonstrated knowledge and understanding of provincial licensing requirements;
- Eligible to practice and maintain active registration with the applicable registering body.
- A good knowledge of Public Health Programs, good management skills, and good written and oral communications and presentation skills are essential, as is tact, diplomacy, interpersonal skills, the ability to delegate, coach and educate others, be genuine with his/her self and clients and to gain trust, have flexibility, and the proven ability to be an effective team member. Excellent training and motivational skills; financial management experience is an asset; self-directed self-starter; demonstrated ability in public relations and interpersonal skills; good oral and written skills, ability to speak Ojibway is an asset; complete confidentiality is essential to this position;
- Must be willing to submit to random drug testing
- Please enclose your curriculum vitae or career portfolio along with 2 references from previous employers with your resume.
Brokenhead Ojibway Nations offers a competitive compensation package. Preference will be given to qualified First Nation persons. We thank all who apply and advise only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: October 24, 2019
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
Fax to: (204) 766-2021
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Box 180 Email:
Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0 email@example.com
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is committed to equity in employment. Date posted: October 10, 2019