15 Mar COMMUNITY NOTICE-JOB OPPORTUNITY-OUTREACH WORKER
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Outreach Worker. Under the direct supervision of the Income Assistance Administrator, the Outreach Worker works in collaboration with the ASETS program and other community and external resources in order to engage Income Assistance Clients between 18-55 years of age to employment and occupational skills strategies.
The Outreach Worker will complete assessments to identify strengths and challenges, supports and employment readiness. Will complete a client-focused action plan, partnered with the appropriate resources and services while determining the level of support that best assists individuals in reaching their employment goals.
- Solid understanding of confidentiality and its enforcement
- Demonstration ability in public relations and interpersonal skills
- Experience in working with individuals who face multiple barriers to employment
- Good oral and written skills with focus on accountability
- Works good under pressure and attention to detail
- Knowledge of First Nations Culture
- Be able to identify strengths and challenges
- Case management and/or performance coaching experience
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Criminal Reference and vulnerable sector check
- Must be willing to participate in random drug testing.
- Please include 2 employer references.
Brokenhead Ojibway Nations offers a competitive compensation package. Preference will be given to a qualified First Nation candidate. We thank all who apply and advise only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: March 20, 2019
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Susan Fredborg Fax to:
Human Resources Manager (204) 766-2021
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Box 180 Email:
Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0 email@example.com–